Need a last minute activity for your speech therapy sessions this week? Look no further! Here’s a list of 5 no prep speech therapy activities for articulation I use all the time. These are quick to print and grab for any student on your caseload.
The best part is that all these activities can be used for word level, sentence level, or conversation level. This means they can be used for mixed groups, any session, or even homework.
1. Articulation Fill in a Blank Activities
These Artic Fill-in-the-Blank Worksheets (Mad-Lib style) are super fun for students in elementary or Jr. high. Students fill in the words on the first page following the prompts (e.g., an adjective). Then they transfer the selected words to the story on the second page. The bonus? Each story is embedded with 20+ target sounds. You can encourage students to choose words that include the target for even more trials. Have them bring the story home to share for some extra practice!
Grab this bundle to save some money or get only the sounds you need:
2. Speech Therapy Articulation Tic Tac Toe
These Articulation Tic Tac Toe Worksheets are the best for students who love competition. It’s easy to target word level or sentence level with these. Simply ask students to either repeat the target word 3x before their turn OR have them make a silly sentence using the word before their turn. You can even laminate these and use dry erase markers to play over and over again! Check out this FREE Articulation Tic Tac Toe for F.
Grab the bundle HERE or find the sounds you need for the week:
3. Articulation Word Search Packet for All Sounds
This Articulation Word Search Packet is my go-to for last minute sessions. Keep a stack of these with you at all times, and you will be ready to target any target sound at a moment’s notice. There are separate word searches for all sounds including each vocalic R as well as each separate S-blend, L-blend, and R-blend. Once again, there are instructions on each page for practice at word level or sentence level. These tend to work better with older students who can read…I get requests for this activity all the time! Check it out HERE.
4. Monster Treats No Prep Articulation Packet
This fun Monster Treats No Prep Articulation Packet is another resource that encompasses all the sounds. Students help ‘hide’ the candy from the monster by coloring them in. Before they color each candy, they can practice the target word. For extra fun, I’ve had students cover the target words with mini erasers, small treats, stickers, and even sticky notes!
5. Articulation Roll a Silly Sentence
This Articulation Roll a Silly Sentence Activity is another super fun and engaging way to practice target words. There is a little prep involved…you’ll need to grab a dice. If you don’t have one, you can also use a free online dice (like this one) or even just write numbers on a piece of paper, cut them up, and pull them out of a bag. Students roll the dice to determine which target words they must include in their silly sentence. This worksheet includes two levels so both older and younger students can play. Get ready for some hilarious fun!
Grab the bundle or these individual sounds:
Students love these engaging and fun speech therapy activities. Plus, all these activities can be used any time of the year. I hope these can save you some stress and time this year! Continue changing the world, one voice at a time, Super SLPs!
Want some more resources? I’m on TPT!
Check out these other Blog Posts:
- No Prep Speech Therapy Activities for Valentine’s DayNeed some quick no prep Valentine’s Day speech therapy activities? Look no further! Here’s a quick list of a few Valentine’s Day favorites for articulation practice! 1. Valentine’s Day Heart Balloon Connect the Dots for All Sounds This no prep Valentine’s Day Connect the Dot Worksheet is an easy way to get tons of trials …
- 3 Tips for Teaching S blends in Speech TherapyCheck out these 3 tips for teaching S blends in speech therapy. Check out the FREE TPT resources that might help your student finally get those s-blends!
- How to Use Markers in Speech TherapyHow to use markers in speech therapy. Plan a whole week of speech therapy using only one pack of markers. Easy, fun, and effective speech therapy.
- Easy Winter/Christmas Speech Therapy Activity IdeasChristmas Speech Therapy Activity Ideas for Winter. No prep articulation activities for SLPs.
- SLP Carry Over Data Tracking HackCheck out this quick data tracking hack for SLPs when targeting articulation at sentence level or conversation level.